Prepping Your Skin for the Big Day
- Clean your skin every day. Stick to your daily cleansing routine when you wake up and when you go to bed at night. As tiring as it sounds, never sleep with makeup on, no matter how tired you feel. Don’t forget to moisturize and apply eye cream. Your older self will thank you for it!
- This should be part of your weekly skin care routine. Exfoliation removes tired, dead skin cells and allows healthy skin cells to thrive. This transforms dull and dry skin to radiant, glowing skin while reducing fine lines and keeping skin supple.
- If you have not found a moisturizer your skin loves, this is the best time to look for it. You can choose between a lotion, serum, oil, cream or gel based formula, the important thing is it should be something that matches your skin type and preferably one with SPF for added protection. Moisture is your skin’s best friend, it keeps the skin healthy, supple and glowing. When you apply your moisturizer, don’t forget to include your décolletage!
- Go for regular facials. There are many facial treatments for different types of skin, the ultimate goal is to cleanse, rejuvenate and improve the skin. Take note that when you do get a facial, you must give it a few days before you have your make-up appointment. This ensures that your skin has healed from any pricking or peeling.
- Tan wisely. If you plan on getting a fake tan, make sure you have a trial session well before the wedding. This lets you try out different shades until you find one that looks natural. You don’t want to show up in your wedding sporting an orange hue.
- Drink lots of water. While moisturizers work their magic, it is also important to hydrate your skin from within. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and eat skin-friendly food to nourish your skin from inside out.
- Have a Make-up Trial Session. A trial session is good for two things. It gives you an idea of what you will look like on your wedding day and it also allows you to talk to your make-up artist about what you like and don’t like.
We hope these helpful tips can prepare you and your skin for the big day. For your Las Vegas wedding needs, such as themed costumes, accessories, wedding chapel accommodations, balloon décor and entertainment, call us at (702) 671 0116.